We are excited to introduce SafeSend Returns – a simple, secure
electronic delivery method for all tax returns.
We are excited to introduce SafeSend Returns – a simple, secure
- Receive your tax returns securely without the need to set up an account or remember a password.
- Electronically sign your federal and state e-file authorizations (8879). No printing or mailing necessary.
- Accessible across all platforms: computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Receive payment reminder e-mails.
- Download a copy of your tax return.
- For businesses: conveniently distribute your K-1s electronically.
You will receive an email from Moorman Harting & Company with a “from” address of email@example.com.
The email will contain a safe link for you to access your tax return.
After clicking on the link, you will be asked to enter the last four digits of your Social Security number to review your return (individual returns only).
SafeSend will email or text you an access code to further verify your identity. For emailed codes, check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive the code in your inbox. You must enter the code within 20 minutes of receipt. If you do not enter the code within 20 minutes, you can request another.
When you are ready to sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will be asked three simple questions to verify your identity.
Once you have signed the e-file authorization form(s), Moorman,
Harting & Company will be notified and will complete the rest of the
Please fill out the form below and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
Will I receive a notification when my return is ready to sign?
Yes. Email notifications will be sent from Moorman Harting & Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. To prevent the email from getting filtered to spam/junk, we recommend adding this email address to your safe list.
Is it safe to enter part of my Social Security Number?
Yes. SafeSend Returns offers a secure system to view and sign your e-file authorization form(s).
What if I don’t receive an email with my access code?
Check your spam/junk email folder. If you do not receive your code within the 20-minute time limit, please request another. You can also search your email for “email@example.com.”
Where do the identity verification questions come from? What if I don’t remember the answers?
The questions SafeSend Returns asks are knowledge-based questions pulled from government and credit sources. You may be asked questions such as where you lived in a given year, or when you bought your car or home. In the event the questions do not apply to you, simply choose the answer that accurately reflects this. If you do not remember the answers to the questions, or you answer incorrectly, you will have an additional chance to answer a new set of questions. If you are unable to answer 3 out of 5 questions accurately, you will not be able to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s). You can instead print, sign and return your e-file authorization form(s) to Moorman, Harting & Company.
Will this work on any internet-connected device? Does SafeSend Returns offer an app for my smartphone?
This process can be completed on any computer, smart phone, or tablet via a web browser. There is currently no SafeSend Returns app available.
Will I have the option to download and print my return to retain for my records?
Yes. You can download and print your return from a computer or tablet. If you are using a smartphone, you can review and e-sign your return package but not print it. Please use a laptop or desktop computer for the best printing experience.
How is this process different from e-filing?
SafeSend Returns allows you to electronically sign your e-file authorization form(s), but it will not submit your return to the IRS. Once signed, Moorman, Harting & Company is automatically notified, and we will complete the filing process for you, including submission to the IRS.
My spouse and I file our return jointly. How can we both sign the e-file authorization form(s)?
For spouses filing jointly, there are a few ways to sign via SafeSend Returns:
- If both spouses have an email address on file, both will receive an email with a link to view the return and sign the e-file authorization form(s). First one spouse will receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He/she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and confirm the spouse’s email address, which will automatically send an email link to the second spouse. The second spouse will answer identity verification questions specific to him/her and e-sign the form(s).
- If only one spouse has an email address on file, that spouse will first receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He/she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and then enter an email address for the second spouse. The second spouse will then receive the email link with identity verification questions specific to him/her.
- If a couple shares an email address, the primary signer will first receive a link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. After the primary signer signs the e-file authorization form(s), he/she can then enter the shared email address again. A new link will be sent with identity verification questions specific to the second spouse.
Can I sign my dependent’s return electronically?
We will deliver your dependent’s return via SafeSend Returns; however, due to the knowledge-based identification requirements of the IRS, a minor dependent may not qualify, so you will need to manually sign and return your dependent’s e-file authorization form.
I’d rather print and sign my e-file authorization form(s). Can I do that?
Yes – You can still print, sign and mail your e-file form(s) back to Moorman, Harting & Company if you’d prefer to do so.
After signing my e-file authorization form(s), will I receive confirmation that it was successfully submitted?
Yes! Once you sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will receive an email stating it was successful. The email will also include a link to download a copy of your tax return for your records.
Can I set up reminders for my quarterly estimated payment?
When estimated tax payment vouchers are included in your tax return, you will automatically receive an email reminder 7 days before your payment is due.
Will I receive my W-2s/1099s and other tax documents back?
You will be able to download electronic copies of your tax documents the same way you download an electronic copy of your return through SafeSend.