Attention Quickbooks Users: Now May Be a Good Time to Upgrade
Beginning with the 2022 version of their software, Quickbooks is making some changes to their distribution and pricing models. In the past, it was possible to purchase the most recent version of Quickbooks for a one-time fee and continue to use that version for several years without incurring any additional charges from Quickbooks. The only exception to this was for users who were utilizing Quickbooks Payroll, in which case they were required to update to the most recent version of the software every 2-3 years.
Beginning with the 2022 version, Quickbooks is moving toward a subscription-based model. This means that when you purchase the 2022 version, you are essentially purchasing a one-year subscription to use the most recent version of Quickbooks. After the one year is up, you will be required to renew the subscription and pay an annual fee to continue to use the software. Current pricing that we are seeing for the annual subscription starts at $350 per year for Quickbooks Pro Plus.
While having the most recent version of Quickbooks is important for some of our clients, for others, it may only be necessary to upgrade to the latest version every few years. With the upcoming changes to Quickbooks pricing models, now may be the time to upgrade to a more recent version that you may be able to use for multiple years.
Quickbooks will continue to sell its one-time purchase version of Quickbooks 2021 until December 10, 2021. Current pricing for the one-time purchase version of Quickbooks Professional Edition is running at around $300. This version will be supported by Quickbooks through May 2024 and will not require an annual subscription (an annual payroll subscription will still be required if you are using Quickbooks to process payroll). Additionally, it is possible that you may be able to use this version of Quickbooks beyond May 2024.
With these coming changes, we think now is a great time to consider upgrading to Quickbooks 2021. As Quickbooks Pro Advisors, our clients can receive discounted rates on the purchase. Please see the link below to our website for additional information and instructions on how to purchase the 2021 version. As always, if you have any questions, please give us a call.
REMEMBER, YOU MUST PURCHASE THE 2021 VERSION BEFORE DECEMBER 10th TO AVOID BEING SUBJECT TO THE ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION ON YOUR NEXT QUICKBOOKS UPGRADE.
Instructions for Purchasing Quickbooks Desktop 2021 One-Time Purchase Version
- Please call our rep Cody Walden with Intuit (Quickbooks) at 469-388-6976
- Tell him your Pro Advisor is Moorman, Harting & Company to receive the discount.
- Make sure you tell him that you currently have Quickbooks but would like to update to the 2021 version. (you do NOT want Quickbooks 2022). You will also need to tell him the Quickbooks Version you are currently using, (for example Pro, Premier or Enterprise). You should be able to see your version at the top of the screen when you are in Quickbooks.
- You will need to provide your credit card info to purchase the new version.
- Intuit will send you an email with a link to download the new version.
- Before installing the new version, back up your Quickbooks Company file in your current version of Quickbooks by selecting File/Back Up Company within the Quickbooks Program. You will need to save this Backup in a location that you will be able to easily access later.
- Download and install the new version of Quickbooks by following the instructions provided by Intuit.
- Once the new Quickbooks version is downloaded and installed on your computer, you should be able to restore the Company File by selecting File/Open or Restore Company from the top menu of the new version of Quickbooks. You will select the option to Restore a backup copy, and then navigate to where you saved the backup in the previous step. Your Quickbooks data should then be upgraded into the new version
Any questions, or problems please let us know.